Being the ripe old age of 22, I'd like to think I've learnt a few things since my early teenage years. Now this ranges from boys/best-friend troubles to horrific makeup mishaps so I've covered a few topics, but if you find something I've not mentioned, please leave a comment below!
|Oh the nostalgia|
So anyway, now I'm eight years older, and reasonably wiser (that's debatable), here are the eight things I wish I could tell little old me:
1. Hey there little Izzy, I've put this one first so you understand its importance. Stop plucking your eyebrows! They take forever to grow back and you'll still be paying for it in eight years time. Trust me, I would know. #EyebrowsAreSistersNotTwins
2. Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse is a right of passage when it comes to foundation. You'll buy it from Superdrug in the colour 'Sand'; it won't really match your skin tone or do an awful lot for your complexion but play along anyway because this is the start of your makeup journey.
|This Mousse is not Dreamy as a MATTEr of fact ;)|
3. Just because Urban Decay sell bright blue and purple glitter eyeliners, it doesn't make it cool to put it all over your eyelid. Mizz and Cosmo Girl are lying to you. FYI I'm still in possession of these eyeliners. They hold a special place in my heart and I just can't bring myself to get rid of them...
4. It's a spot. Everybody has them at some point, and literally, nobody cares. Just whack on a bit of concealer and forget about it, you have far more important things to focus on.
5. So you fancy a boy at school and he doesn't fancy you back; he even goes as far as to insult you and call you ugly. Please don't waste any time crying over him. (But do eat lots of ice cream, cause why the hell not.) Besides, you'll get the last laugh when he pops up on Facebook in about 5 years time. What's Facebook you ask? Well I'm about to tell you...
6. It doesn't matter how many people 'heart' you on Bebo or follow you on 'Myspace', it honestly does not determine your level of cool. There's a new social media platform coming your way called 'Facebook', and the front camera on your diamante-embellished Blackberry Curve is going to be used for something called a 'selfie'. (But more on that in a few years.)
|Not even joking|
7. Please don't be too sad that Gilmore Girls has finished, (#LukeAndLorelaiForever). There's a new girl soon to be gracing your television screen; her name is Serena Van Der Woodsen and she is so cool.
P.S. Gilmore Girls is coming back, YAY!!
8. Finally: keep singing and writing. You're going to start a little music channel on Youtube and people at school are going to end up seeing it. You'll get super embarrassed when one of the P.E teachers congratulates you on your homemade music video in the middle of the school cafeteria but keep at it. Who know's, you might even get to play Glastonbury one day...
That's all from me for now. Make good choices!
Thanks for reading your Dose of Nostalgia